CHOCOLATE AND HAZELNUT MOUSSE
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : about 3 minutes
Refrigeration : 4 hours
Servings : 6
- 1 package (150 g) of Canton ChocoFondue Dark Chocolate
- 4 large eggs, separated
- ˝ cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (250 ml) 35% cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Frangelico (hazelnut liquor) (optional)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) hazelnut, lightly grilled and finely chopped
- A few grilled hazelnut coarsely chopped, to garnish.
- Butter cookies to accompany.
- Melt Canton ChocoFondue Dark Chocolate according to the instructions on the package. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar until mixture is frothy and pale yellow. Add chocolate fondue to egg yolk mixture, whisking continuously.
- In another bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold cream delicately into egg yolks and chocolate mixture. Add Frangelico liquor and chopped hazelnuts. Mix well.
- In a different bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peeks form. Add to previous mixture, being careful not to overfold, so as not to lose the volume.
- Pour into individual cups or in a mould, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 4 hours.
- Just before serving, garnish with hazelnuts and complement with butter