RED WINE BEEF ROAST
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : about 2 1/2 hours
Servings : 6 to 8
- 1 king's roast (1,8 kg)
- 1 can (990 ml) Canton fondue bouillon RED WINE Flavour
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (200 ml) water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cold water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
Slice meat and serve with sauce.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Make several slits in the roast and insert garlic slivers.
- In an ovenproof saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat and brown meat on all sides. Remove meat from pan and reserve.
- Lower heat to medium and add carrots and onion. Cook 4 minutes. Sprinkle with the flour, mix well, and cook 4 minutes more over low heat until flour starts to brown.
- Add Canton fondue bouillon RED WINE flavour, water, and bring to a boil. Put meat back into the pan, cover, and put in the oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove meat from pan and reserve, covered with aluminum paper.
- Mix cornstarch with cold water and add to the pan, mixing vigorously to prevent lumps.